Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Centerville Citizen 8/13/05 Comment

Just got back from Ogden, and I got to see the mall site that has been the topic of so much debate on this blog. Man, I hate to say it, but if my experience today is any indication, then I can see that Ogden really does need help. Today I got off the bus at 23rd and Washington, and I couldn't believe how barren the sidewalk was on the east side of the street with all the storefronts (especially on a Saturday). I even thought to myself "Hmmm, maybe I shouldn't be here, no one else is." Even though I think Ogden's economy could become a bit more vibrant, I got thinking. Do you suppose part of the problem is that there's just too much commercial real estate for the demand of commercial services? In other words, is there just not enough demand for different stores to fill those vacant storefronts? Since I'm not a resident of Ogden, I can't really have an accurate perspective, so any insights would be appreciated.

© 2005 - 2017 Weber County Forum™ -- All Rights Reserved