Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Case in point re anonymous posters

Anonymous said...
Please, don't point to studies for how streetcars and mass transit increase the net worth of a city- it should be easy to explain... if it really works that is. Explain in simple terms to me that it doesn't just move retail dollars from point A to point B. Explain it. Does your argument hinge on 'build it and they will come'?... an oft chided comment about our Mayor? Seems to. So again it's an OK principle as long as it's not the Mayor proposing it?

March 26, 2007 4:59 PM

---
Anonymous said...
To Anonymous,

I guess I need clarification as to your comment "Explain in simple terms to me that it doesn't just move retail dollars from point A to point B."

I'm having a hard time understanding what point you're driving at or what you mean by your question. Could you reword your question?

March 26, 2007 7:07 PM

---
Anonymous said...
Anonymous 4:59 PM sounds like somebody who is parroting a sales pitch he doesn't quite understand, doesn't he?

I also hope he'll come back and reword his question.

Thanks, anonymous 7:07 PM.

For a minute there I thought it was just me.

March 26, 2007 7:18 PM

---
Anonymous said...
To Anonymous,

You say "And I hope you're not madly typing now that mass transit makes people move to a town because it doesn't."

I'm just curious as to what facts that you may have that prove that point? It seems to fly in the face of what every city that has put in a mass transit system have determined?

March 26, 2007 7:32 PM

---
Anonymous said...
Yes, anonymous, I completely agree with you. That other anonymous is completely out of his or her goard.

Disgusting!

March 26, 2007 7:38 PM

No comments:

© 2005 - 2017 Weber County Forum™ -- All Rights Reserved