Friday, September 26, 2008

Curt Geiger Email - 9/24/08

From: "Curt Geiger"
Date: September 24, 2008 3:09:06 PM MDT
To: "Thomas Moore lll"
Subject: RE: Central City Community Plan

Dear Thomas

I was there last night. I was the most embarrassed I have ever been for my home. The investor, told me after the vote, that he felt like he was in Hick Town. This person has brought millions of dollars to Ogden and brought many other people to invest here. To quote him "I am Shocked, I never would have believed this would happen, these people are crazy".

Today I met Greg Montgomery on the street. He told me that this was orchestrated by Catlin Gochnour. Catlin asked a member of the Utah State Historical Society to send a letter to the Ogden City Council suggesting that they could lose their Historical status if they allowed this added height to the building. This letter is what started the entire hubb ub.

Dave Harmer was perplexed by the letter and told the Ogden Council something was wrong in the closed meeting. He e-mailed this persons boss and the woman's boss replied that the letter was sent in error and without authorization. This morning the city administration contacted the woman from SLC and she confirmed that Catlin asked her to send the letter.

This mess was created by Catlin and reinforced by Jeske, and Amy. The two others may have just followed suit because it fit their political agenda.

Make no mistake. You are correct. The City Council misled the members, the press and the citizens of the city and state to get what they wanted. Embarrass the Mayor at the expense of the city and the citizens.

We must fight back. The future of our city is at stake. Again this comes from the east bench.

Curt

© 2005 - 2017 Weber County Forum™ -- All Rights Reserved