Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Weird Brandon Stephenson Press Release W/Attachments

----- Original Message -----
From: Brandon Stephenson
To: Dan Schroeder ; Cathy McKitrick ; Jesse Fruhwirth ; Scott Schwebke ; Charles Trentelman ; Doug Gibson ; Rudizink
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2011 1:34 PM
Subject: Ethics and Business Campaign Contributions

Dear Mr Schroeder,

I have included the copy of your "Ethics" checklist as you requested. Please also note my personal rebuttal to the absurd suggestion that business campaign contributions are unethical.

As for the other items on your checklist, I am comfortable committing to them because I believe that each one comprises the spirit of our current campaign finance laws and ordinances, which I have been committed to long before your request.

"My personal committment to all citizens and to myself regarding ethics is simple and pricipled, I will obey the spirit of the law and when a gray area appears either because there is no law or the law does not address an issue adequately, I will always make the choice that I believe is the most honest and open."

Thank you for the interest in our community. It is always good to have citizens willing to express concerns and have honest public dialog.

Sincerely,
Brandon Stephenson

Attachments:
Brandon Stephenson Personal Rebuttal
Ogden Ethics Project - Voluntary Campaign Contributions Checklist

© 2005 - 2017 Weber County Forum™ -- All Rights Reserved