Thursday, August 25, 2005

Dori Moshure

Why I Chose to Run?

I chose to run for City Council because I love to be in the middle of things. I like to be part of the action and I like to make things happen.

This is an exciting time for Ogden and I want to be part of making changes to better my community. I have already been involved in the community in many aspects and this next step just seems natural.

My Bio:

Dori Mosher – your voice LOUD & CLEAR

Dori fell in love with Ogden's beauty, history, and charm over fourteen years ago. As a newlywed, she and her husband bought their current home almost eight years ago.

Dori attended WSU where she served as a student senator and a delegate for the Utah Intercollegiate Association. During this time she received the "Outstanding Young Woman of America" award, which is a national award based on community service. She graduated with a degree in Political Science.

Dori worked as a legislative intern to Jake Garn in the nation's capital.

She also served an LDS Mission. More recently she served as a member of the Marshall White Advisory Committee. She was formerly a facilitator for a Death and Divorce support group. She has volunteered her time as a parent for the head-start program, and ran an after-school science program for at-risk kids for the Ogden City School District. She was co-coordinator for Ogden City's Premier Farmer's Market.

Dori owned and operated her own Special Events Management Company. She is currently raising her five children and her husband. She recently completed the master gardener class. She loves attending the cultural events that are so readily available in Ogden and believes that Ogden is the best city in the state of Utah!

Thanks!

Dori

© 2005 - 2017 Weber County Forum™ -- All Rights Reserved