Sunday, August 28, 2005

Kori Munns -- At Large Seat A


KORI’S CAMPAIGN STATEMENT

My name is Kori Vanderhule Munns, Vanderhule is my maiden name. I am 31 years old and married with 2 dogs. I have been married for three and half years to my husband Ryan. My dogs names are Elvis and Presley and I hate onions or olives on my salads. I was born in Ogden and raised in Northern Utah. I have been living and working in Ogden for the last 13 years. I run my own small business, working as a hair stylist with a small salon in my house located @ 29th & Taylor. One of my favorite things about Ogden is its proximity to such a wide variety of outdoor recreation. Many local residents may recognize me from either the trails or slopes as I am on one or the other almost every day of the year.

I decided to run for office for 3 reasons:

1. I think it would be really fun. In fact, the more attention you pay to the current city politics, the closer it resembles some sort of competitive reality T.V. show.

2. The reality of it is that the people of Ogden are losing, as men with big ideas and opinions continue making decisions based on their own agendas. From what I hear , Ogden citizens are sick of their voices being outright ignored or often not even asked for input until major decisions are already made.

3. I know that I can bring the style, sass and agenda-free attitude to the city council that is needed to convey the publics opinions and interests.

Now, to be totally honest with the Ogden city voters, I really don’t know much about politics. While some might consider this a shortcoming I feel in this situation it is an advantage. Since I made a declaration of candidacy I have been asked what my opinion is about various issues, as if that is how I would vote. Well my answer is this, my opinion and especially the opinions of those who serve on the city council should be no more important than my neighbor Bob’s or any Ogden resident. I think it is sad that Ogden residents have grown accustom to the fact that their elected officials are going to vote based on their personal views as opposed to the opinions of the constituent’s they are purportedly representing.

So I suppose my campaign statement and message to the Ogden public would be this: I might not know much about politics but I am really good at listening. If you want to know how I will vote on current and future issues, you are going to have to tell me how you want me to vote. On the other hand if you want experienced players with big ideas and loud opinions, well you have a long list of men to choose from. I think its time we get back to the basics. If you want someone to vote for you then vote for me.

XOXOXO,

KORI VANDERHULE MUNNS

© 2005 - 2017 Weber County Forum™ -- All Rights Reserved