Sunday, August 28, 2005

Bill Glasmann -- At Large Seat A

Citizens of Ogden, may I introduce myself. I'm Bill Glasmann and I'm running for the At-Large A Seat, Ogden City Council. I was born in Ogden in Jun, 44, graduated from OHS in 1962, received my BA Degree from Weber State in 1972, have an Honorable Discharge from the United States Marine Corps, and presently hold an Associate Broker's license with Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage with a Lifetime Sales Master Award via the Weber/North Davis Board of Realtors. With over 25 years experience in the newspaper business, and having owned and operated several businesses in our city, including G.A. Fights Boxing Promotions, live Concerts held in SLC and Ogden, 5 Private Clubs under the sanction of the Department of Commerce, State of Utah, and building and operating USA Ride Pride Automatic Car Wash on 32nd and Harrison, I feel my qualifications speak for themselves. My businesses always ran in the black, they brought people both downtown and to other venues, put tax dollars in the local coffers, and employed many Ogden residents, providing them with a nice living. I can read and understand a Balance Sheet and P & L Statements. Without understanding and adhering to the books, a business will fail. I see this beginning to happen in Ogden City.

My reasons for getting into this race are many, but allow me to highlite a few for this forum:

First, it's inherent in me to "give back to the community." Now is the time, as the community has been very good to me and my family.

Second, I feel that a new direction in City Government is needed. The City is in debt; many projects are either stalled or in financial jeopardy; the infrastructure is deteriorating daily with little or no attention given its plight; and for way too long, the people have been left out of the process by what I consider to be an arrogant, self-serving City Council and Administration.

If elected, I promise to bring the people back in the city government. I believe in the adage: "A government of the people, by the people and for the people." I will work hard to rehabilitate Public Services (fire, police, etc.) and the city's infrastructure; and I will inform the people, in clear and understandable language, just what it is the Administration and City Council, including the RDA and MBA, is attempting and how this effects the citizens of Ogden.

I would appreciate your support in both the Primary and, if I make it through that, the General Election. I'm a candidate of "common sense in government," not a "rubber stamp" without compassion.

Bill Glasmann
At-Large A Seat

© 2005 - 2017 Weber County Forum™ -- All Rights Reserved