Sunday, October 02, 2005

Doug Stephens -- Municipal Ward 3


A. PERSONAL HISTORY

  1. Married to Saundra Smith in 1970 and we have 4 daughters -- Malynda, Suzanne, Julie, and Natalie and one granddaughter - Megan.

  2. Graduated from Ben Lomond High School in 1964.

  3. Graduated from Weber State University in 1972 in Business management and Marketing.

  4. I was employed by Z.C.M.I from 1967 to 1998 when the company was sold to the May Department Stores. It was renamed Meier and Frank and I am presently employed by Meier and Frank in the Riverdale Store.

  5. I served 4 years on the Public Service Advisory committee.

  6. In 2005, I was the Ogden Pioneer Days Parade Director.

B. ISSUES WHICH ARE IMPORTANT FOR THE CITIZENS OF OGDEN

1. Economic Development.

  1. Development of the Mall Site.

    1. I support the Children's Treehouse Museum.

    2. Building project by the L.D.S. Church is a great assistance to the mall site.

    3. I would explore the potential of an outlet project in Ogden.

  2. Develop the Ogden Depot Park. There is potential that we can take advantage is promoted properly.

  3. I support the Ogden River Parkway.

  4. A Strong Business Condition in Ogden would strengthen our tax base and provide revenue to provide the specific needs of Ogden. This would add to the quality for the citizens.
2. Fiscal Responsibility.

  1. Get real value from each tax dollar. Develop projects that will add revenue to our tax base. We need to spend wisely.

  2. Explore Federal funds that will benefit Ogden. I wouldn't make any commitment that would be a burden to our city.
3. Develop Tourism Programs.

  1. Promote the ski industry

  2. Promote our access to the natural resources.

  3. Develop the potential at Union Station.

  4. Support the Conference Center to bring conventions and trade shows to Ogden.
4. Support Annual Community Events.

  1. Spring events.

  2. Pioneer's Day events.

  3. Winter festival.

  4. Develop an annual arts festival.
5. Community and Government Working Together.

  1. I would work with the Ogden and Weber School Districts.

  2. I would work with the Weber County Commission.

  3. Develop a strong Fire and Police Department.

  4. Improve the streets, sewer, water and parks.

  5. Support the City employees.
6. My Commitment.

  1. Listen to the residents of Ogden.

  2. Develop programs that will benefit our city.

  3. Add to the quality of life in Ogden.
7. Summarize Issues Which are Important.

  1. Economic Development for a stronger tax base.

  2. Provide for the specific needs of Ogden such as streets, sewer, water and parks.

  3. A strong business environment.

  4. Fiscal responsibility.

  5. Develop Tourism

  6. Community events and involvement.

  7. A strong fire, police and city staff to provide exceptional service.

  8. I will act and listen to and for the residents of Ogden.

  9. I would work for Ogden's benefit.
8. As a council member, I will consider the following questions when the programs are presented:

  1. Will it work.

  2. Will it benefit Ogden.

  3. What is the support for the project.

  4. Can we pay for it.
9. If you would like to help, ask questions or donate to the campaign please let me know. My email is: dougstephensone@hotmail.com

Thank you for your support on October 4th.

© 2005 - 2017 Weber County Forum™ -- All Rights Reserved