Thursday, August 16, 2007

Caitlin Gochnour - Council Candidate

Ogden City Council Municipal Ward 4

Dear Friends and Neighbors,

I’m writing to you because I know you share my pride and enthusiasm for Ogden. And like you, I am excited about what Ogden has in store for the near future. With Commuter Rail nearly here (Frontrunner— Spring 2008), The Junction up and running and the River Parkway Project in the works, Ogden’s momentum is well underway and the time is ripe for further progress and development.

Unfortunately, in the midst of all this positive growth, Ogden has had its share of polarization the past few years. We, the citizens of Ogden, need to unite behind the idea that different opinions are good and lead to the best and most informed decisions. This energy of discussion can then become a positive force for change. I don’t pretend to have all the answers but I believe I have the skills to help people find sensible solutions. That’s why I’m taking my community service a step further and running for the Ogden City Council.

As a council member I’ll work to represent Ogden’s residents by thoroughly studying all sides of issues. Here are some of the matters I feel strongly about:
  • Increasing public safety, eliminating gang violence and improving safe, well-lit residential areas throughout Ogden.

  • Encouraging economic development — supporting local businesses and attracting new industry.

  • Continuing to evaluate and upgrade Ogden’s aging infrastructure.

  • Improving Ogden’s transportation network and coordinating with UTA’s FrontRunner.

  • Enhancing and protecting our historic, cultural and natural assets and open spaces.

  • Promoting Ogden as a great place to live, work and play.
With your input and support, I can make a difference. I’m committed to listening and learning as we work together to make the best decisions for Ogden. And I have energy and commitment to follow through and get results.

Please be sure to read the additional information in my campaign flyer.

Your help and support are vital to my city council campaign.

Please contact me with your questions, concerns and suggestions.

Campaign to elect Caitlin Gochnour • 2703 Hill Drive, Ogden UT 84403
Phone 627.0013 • Email: votecaitlin@comcast.net

© 2005 - 2017 Weber County Forum™ -- All Rights Reserved