Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Jim Freed - Council Candidate

Ogden City Council Municipal Ward 4



Dear Neighbor,

My name is Jim Freed and I am running for the Municipal Ward 4 seat on the Ogden City Council.

I hope to bring valuable experience and a fresh perspective to our city's government. My background in managing budgets for military programs and contracts has taught me to be a fiscal conservative and responsible steward of taxpayer dollars. I wrote and negotiated two contracts that saved over $2.7M. I represented upper management in cost saving decisions working with other departments and divisions. I helped to bring the A-10 aircraft workload from McClellan AFB to Hill AFB when they closed McClellan AFB in Sacramento. My work has taken me to many other cities, where I've seen examples of attractive and successful developments that could be adapted to work in Ogden. During my career I've had opportunities to bring visitors here and promote our city to business leaders. I've made Ogden my home for more than 22 years, and I greatly value our heritage, our diverse people, and the natural beauty of our location.

If elected, my priorities as a City Council member will include:
  • Promoting and sustaining existing local businesses in addition to bringing new businesses that will offer long-term benefits to Ogden
  • A strong emphasis on public safety, which will require competitive pay in order to attract and retain the most highly qualified police officers and firefighters.
  • Continued development of our city's housing, commercial centers, arts, cultural events, and historic districts, in a way that reflects and honors the social and economic diversity of our citizens.
  • Support and protection for our public parks, open space, and natural foothills, which add so much to our quality of life.
  • Strict attention to detail and cost analysis as we attend to our infrastructure needs and develop new projects.
  • Improved communication between our government and our citizens, in order to foster increased civic participation and balanced, fully informed decision making.
I believe that these priorities will bring economic growth and enhanced property values to Ogden. They will also make Ogden a better place to live for all citizens.

Please contact me to share your ideas and concerns for how to govern and improve our city. I look forward to talking with you, and I hope to earn your confidence and your vote. I will be walking the precincts and meeting with you, any questions or concerns please call.

1234 33rd ST Ogden, Utah 84403 jimefreed@aol.com 801-791-2340

© 2005 - 2017 Weber County Forum™ -- All Rights Reserved