Sunday, September 13, 2009

Thaine Fischer Endorses David Phipps

(Undated)

As an Ogden resident of three years I have experienced some of what Ogden has gone through in the past and I know what it faces in the future. I have known David for some time now and I think his honest, hardworking and positive attitude is just what Ogden needs. David is running for Ogden City Council Seat B this year and my hope is you will support and vote for David Phipps.

David’s platform focuses on three approaches to bettering our city. David’s biggest focus is the one that I personally see as the most important, fostering accountability and collaboration between our City Council and the Office of the Mayor. I have watched time and time again as our city government has fought each other, and important issues and projects have gone nowhere because of it.

This brings me right to David’s 2nd issue; economic development, for building a better Ogden. By encouraging and bringing businesses to Ogden, our tax base will be increased and it will lower our personal taxes, an d it will provide stable good income jobs now and for the future.

One of the major things that worry me about Ogden is crime, most importantly Gang Crime. David wants to tackle the issue head on, and make our streets safe for our children the way they once were. David’s sees the problems that the City Government is creating for Ogden’s citizens and he understands the impact that crime has on every Ogden resident’s life.

I support David and endorse him for the Ogden City Council and I believe he will support the key issues that will make Ogden a better city for us all. Please join me in helping David in his candidacy for the Ogden City Council by voting in the September 15th primary and in the general election November 3rd.

All the best,

© 2005 - 2017 Weber County Forum™ -- All Rights Reserved